It’s hard to believe that it’s been a whole year since I first started this blog. I’ve technically been book blogging for more than a year on the wordpress hosted blog (before I self-hosted), but I don’t remember when I started on that one so oh well!
If you’ve been on my blog prior to today, then you’ll probably realise that I’ve changed my layout! It’s been something I’ve been meaning to do for a while now, so why not give it a new facelift as the blog hits its first milestone? I went around looking for a very different colour scheme to my old blog because I definitely wanted something dramatically different. So what do you think? I honestly love the purple, pinks and greens mixed together. 🙂
So what can I say about my first year of blogging that hasn’t been said before? Honestly, nothing original. But seriously, I need to thank YOU for reading my blog. It doesn’t matter who you are or how you stumbled onto here. Thank you.
A big shoutout needs to go out to the book community as well. I don’t really know where I’ll be without you guys (probably hermiting at home, as you do). I’ve meet – both in real life and virtually – so many wonderful readers, bloggers and publicists during the year. Everyone has been so welcoming, and it’s always awesome to put a face to the name at bookish events as well.
So seriously, if you ever see me lurking around, don’t hesitate to say hi!
And, to keep this short and sweet;
- To all the bloggers that I’ve meet over this year – especially the ones who comment on my posts, who interact with me on social media, and who I can talk to about things other than books
- To all the Australian publishing houses that I’ve worked with. Please keep doing your thing,I can’t imagine a world without books! Basically, thank you book industry!
- And of course, thank YOU again. 🙂
As a way of giving back to everyone, I’ll be holding a giveaway for both Australian and International book lovers. I will be choosing one Aus winner, and one international winner to basically win one book from this stack:
Goddess by Laura Powell
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Take Back the Skies (ARC) by Lucy Saxon
Popular – A memoir by Maya Van Wagenen
The Cinderella Moment by Jennifer Kloester
Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
It will be on a first-come first-serve basis, so whoever emails me back first will get first choice!
- The giveaway is for Australian and international residents
- Entrants have to be 13 years and over
- After the winner is announced, they will be given 48 hours to respond. If no response is received, then a new winner will be picked.
- The winner will choose their book on a first-in-best-dressed basis
- Abide by the rules, winner(s) found cheating will be disqualified and a new winner(s) will be chosen