I was tagged by the wonderful Gina @ Behind the Pages to partake in the Book Blogger Test! Woo, mucho excitimento!
The rules are simple: Answer the questions truthfully and then tag 5 other bloggers.
1. What are your top three book pet hates?
– A vain/idiotic main character
– Plots being forsaken to focus only on the romance
– Creased pages/damaged covers
2. Describe your perfect reading spot
I usually read in bed or on the sofa because it’s comfy. Unfortunately, I tend to fall asleep a lot because it gets too comfy, and I end up taking lots of granny naps.
3. Tell us 3 book confessions
– I read Twilight when it first came out (and it still had that creme cover with the girl on it – I prefer that one over the hand and apple) so I was about 14 years old. I loved the book … there, I said it. I understand the attraction teens have with Twilight because I was there at one stage, but I just can’t understand the obsession and lengths some people go to in worshipping the characters.
– I rarely ever DNF a book either, like Gina. Sometimes this reason really affects me badly when the book is horrible but I want to give it the benefit of doubt, since it may get better. But when I’m stuck on a horrible book, I get into the biggest book slump and can’t seem to read anything else because I’m forcing myself to finish the one I’m reading.
– I don’t really like to read more than one book at a time. I’m slowly changing this habit though because of the above, and I have a lot more deadlines to meet because of the blog.
4. When was the last time you cried at a book?
Well I cry at the drop of a hat when there’s any sad scene at all so it’s hard to pinpoint a book that had me sobbing like a baby. I guess the most recent would have to be The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I probably don’t have to tell you why.
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
My printer sits on my bedside table so none. I used to have a HUGE stack but my mum kept nagging me to put them on the shelves or she’d throw them away…D:
If you consider my floor as the bedside table then I’m currently hoarding this stack:
6. What is your favourite snack whilst your reading?
I don’t really eat when I read because I’m usually reading in bed or on the train. Hard to eat and hold a book/turn pages at the same time.
7. Name 3 books you would recommend to everyone
Just three?! That’s mean!
– Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
– The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
– Being Henry David by Cal Armistead
8. Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase
Well I’m not very organised so I usually just shove my books wherever there’s space. I know, I know, I’m an awful person. Here’s photographic evidence of my awfulness (where each shelf has two rows of books and you can’t see the back rows heh):
9. Write how much books mean to you in just 3 words
Words are beautiful
10. What is your biggest reading secret?
I have yet to read a lot of the popular series’. This isn’t exactly a secret since I go around saying “well this is embarrassing but I haven’t read this series yet…” on most blog comments I leave.
Yay, that’s it! It was super fun, thanks for tagging me Gina. I tag the following people:
Shirley @ Shiirleyy’s Bookshelf
Alise & Bec @ Readers in Wonderland
Faye, Rashika & Aimee @ The Social Potato
Latest posts by Joy (see all)
- Book Review: Godblind (Godblind #1) by Anna Stephens - August 30, 2017
- ARC Review: Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians #3) by Kevin Kwan - August 20, 2017
- Q&A with Patrick Ness - July 9, 2017