What did we get up to in June?
Yep so we totally skipped May and headed riiiight into June, heh. #noragrets
So June was absolutely shocking with the amount of work/birthdays I had going on during the month. I was absolutely swamped during the weekday, and the weekends were filled with 21sts and other social shindigs as well.
Like Alana mentions below … WE GRADUATED!!! See if you can spot us in the photo she posted 🙂 A few of my high school friends also graduated this year, so we all got together at my place for a BBQ. LOOK AT THE CAKE WE GOT!!!
I also attended the Australian premiere of #PaperTowns yesterday and Cara Delevigne was there in the flesh and AHHHH!! I will touch more on that in my review of the movie (coming soon).
I don’t think I did much else that warrants mentioning, but here’s to hoping that July is better for us reading wise! (And yes, we’re very aware that we’ve fallen behind terribly on replying to comments and visiting your blogs. 🙁 Please forgive us as we scramble to catch up on everything that we’ve missed!)
Wow.. June. June was a big one!
Joy and I graduated from university which was so much fun:
I got to meet Nathan Fillion (aka the nicest person ever) at Sydney Supanova 2015 – and he called me beautiful (life goals made):
But it was also not a great month. You may have noticed I’ve been a bit AWOL on here (and in life in general) due to some personal/health reasons. Hopefully I’ll be back on the wagon soon, but I haven’t felt much like reading, I’m embarrassingly behind on my Goodreads challenge!
Here’s a very quick and messy photo of the books from May and June. Not really sure when I’ll get around to them to be honest…eep!
I actually have gotten quite a few books… but at the moment they currently look like this as I’m still in room renovation mode:
Hopefully this time next month I’ll have bookcases, and I can show off some of my purchases!
Wrapping up for May as well:
- The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey – ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion – ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen – ★ ★ ★ 1/2
- The Wicked + The Divine Vol 1: The Faust Act by Kieron Gillen – ★ ★ ★ 1/2
- China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians #2) by Kevin Kwan – ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Posts you may have missed
Tell us what you got up to in May/June!
Latest posts by Alana (see all)
- Book Subscription Box Review: The Best Damn Book Box – Game of Thrones - September 6, 2016
- Happy 4th Birthday to Thoughts by J! - August 16, 2016
- Discussion: Would you take an eReader or paperbacks on a holiday? - June 21, 2016