What did we get up to in January?
Oh jeez, we’re just flown right past January and I’m sad to say that we’re already falling behind on our monthly wrap-ups. Heh.
Just a quick one to say a big Happy Chinese New Year to everyone that celebrates it! May the year ahead be wonderful for everyone. It’s actually the year of the monkey (my year), so I hope it’ll be a fun-filled cheeky year for all!
Overall, not much to really update during January. I went away to Port Macquarie over NYE and had a blast just relaxing and being a slug. It was quite nice, despite a few hiccups with the weather.
Alana is currently away having fun in Hamilton Island (so jealous), but she’s be back soon!
Not really much to update; work is kicking my ass. It was an INSANELY busy January … and February seems to be heading down the same path. However, I did manage to finish some books, and my Goodreads challenge is actually off to a great start!
Hope you all have a great reading month ahead! xx
I swear I’m probably forgetting a lot more books (since we skipped the December wrap-up) but…I can’t actually remember what I got in December. Thank you to Bloomsbury, Allen & Unwin, Pan Macmillan, Hachette, Scholastic, HarperCollins and my friend for these wonderful reading materials <3 Looking forward to devouring them all!
- Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner — ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson — ★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2
- Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club (Lady Helen #1) by Alison Goodman — ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Posts you may have missed
- Book to TV adaptations I’m excited for
- Movie Review: The 5th Wave Pre-screening — ★ ★ ★ 1/2
- TV Review: Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 1 — ★ ★ 1/2
Latest posts by Joy (see all)
- Book Review: Lady Helen and The Dark Days Deceit (Lady Helen #3) by Alison Goodman - January 14, 2019
- eARC Review: 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne - January 1, 2019
- Book Review: Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J. Maas - November 24, 2018