Hi guys, we’re back for another wrap up! We’ll now be doing monthly wrap ups instead of weekly just so there’s more to showcase at the end of each month rather than week.
What have we been up to in December?
December was such a great month guys. Christmas and parties and celebrations galore! My boyfriend and I decided to do a spontaneous trip to New Zealand for our 3 year anniversary (OMFG…) and New Zealand was nice and close as well as cheap on such short notice. I’m pretty much broke after Europe so yeah…there really weren’t many options. I haven’t been to kiwi land before, so I’m super excited! Plus my cousin lent me her Lord of the Rings location guide so we’ll be big nerds trying to find everything.
The Hobbit soundtrack just came on…how perfect was that.
We’ve also started using Google Calendar to schedule posts and get organised for the new year! So far it’s worked well but we haven’t been completely strict with sticking to our assigned post days. Hopefully we’ll get better haha!
December for me was CRAZY. I started my first full time job (which I kinda already love) so I’ve been busy being an adult. But i’ve also had ton’s of Christmas parties and catch ups which has definitely broken up the adulting 😛
Time to get back into it again though and attempt to stick to the blogging schedule. It will happen!
December Book Haul
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Meyers
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Golden Son by Pierce Brown
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
I am SO excited for all these books. I only requested I Was Here as part of Aussie YA Blogger Group’s review campaign with thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia! THANK YOU. Many thanks to Allen & Unwin, Bloomsbury Australia, Hachette Australia and Harper Collins Australia! <3
The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman
Hansel & Gretel by Neil Gaiman
The Imaginary by A. F Harrold
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
The Girl with all the Gifts by M. R Carey
Thank you to Bookworld & Jess @ My Reading Dress for the beautiful copy of The Imaginary. I’ve started reading it and it’s brilliant so far!
Super thanks to Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer who I believe is my Santa! I received this book as part of Aussie YA Blogger Group’s Secret Santa event that I organised with the lovely Jeann @ Happy Indulgence. THANK YOU EM!
The rest I bought – The Girl with all the Gifts was only $2! It’s pretty battered but whateverrrrr. Surprisingly I only received one book for Christmas this year. I forgot to take a photo of it but my boyfriend got me The Walking Dead Compendium One. I’M SO OBSESSED WITH THAT SHOW AND I DIVED RIGHT INTO IT OMG. SO GOOD.
Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven
Yes Please by Amy Poehler
The Book of Days by K.A Barker
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (pretty sure i’ve included this one already.. but thanks again Pavan @ KeepItFictional for the great giveaway!)
- Don’t miss out on the January newsletter from the Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers group on Goodreads for a round up for bookish news, new releases, events and blogger spotlights. Make sure you subscribe to have it delivered straight to your inbox at the beginning of each month!
- Paper Planes by Allayne L. Webster – ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
- Breaking Butterflies by M. Angelais – ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
- Followers by Anna Davies – ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
- Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples – ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Posts you may have missed
- ‘Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award‘ Book Tag
- Aussie YA Bloggers’ Secret Santa Blog Hop
- It’s Christmas! It’s Christmas! And we’re giving away a book! #BloggersGivingBack post
- What to consider when you’re thinking about starting a book blog #BloggersGivingBack post
- How to land your dream internship at a publishing house #BloggersGivingBack post
- Where can you publish and read stories online for free #BloggersGivingBack post
- How to read multiple books at once and remember everything #BloggersGivingBack post
- How to request a physical review from a major publisher #BloggersGivingBack post
- Joy and Alana does the 2014 End of Year book survey!
- Happy New Year!
How was your December? Did you have a great Christmas and New Year?
Latest posts by Alana (see all)
- Book Subscription Box Review: The Best Damn Book Box – Game of Thrones - September 6, 2016
- Happy 4th Birthday to Thoughts by J! - August 16, 2016
- Discussion: Would you take an eReader or paperbacks on a holiday? - June 21, 2016