Hey guys, we’re finally back with a wrap-up post! Sorry we’ve been missing in action and too lazy to do these weekly, freedom from uni has been too sweet and we’ve been busy enjoying it. And on that note we’re thinking of changing these wrap-ups to monthly wrap-ups instead. Any objections? No? Okay good hehe. 😛
What have we been up to in November?
November has been a great month. I’ve been catching up with friends that I’ve neglected during the uni semesters (sorry, I still love you guys!) and basically relaxing and having fun. You don’t really realise how great freedom feels until you get to wake up at a time of your own choosing each day. I haven’t been sleep deprived in weeks! We had a friend’s 21st a few weeks back and obviously took photos. Clearly I’m the more attractive one, hands down. >:)
I also quit my part-time job as a waitress and snagged a real-life adult job! I have yet to sign the contract (not until next week), but I’m excited to start on this new journey of life. It’s so daunting but exciting at the same time.
In terms of reading, I’ve been pretty good! I completed my Goodreads Challenge a few weeks back and I’m 11 books ahead at this moment. This never happens so I’m quite proud of myself. I’ve also taken some time off reading to sit in front of the idiot box and marathon The Walking Dead. I’m obsessed with this show guys, you have no idea how much I love it! I’ve been eyeing the graphic novels on The Book Depository…maybe an early Christmas present for myself? 😛
I think we can clearly see from the photo above that Joy and I really know how to pull attractive faces. I too have been catching up with friends and spending my weekends at 21st birthday parties. Legit, I have one every weekend till February. But then it’s my turn 😉
Like Joy, I too have snagged my very own real-life adult job which I’m set to start on Tuesday! *cue anxiety panic attacks* I’m really excited for that though and I hope I love it! (even if it means no more sleep in’s) I’ve actually taken a bit of a break from reading this month. After I handed in my final assignment I legit sat on the couch for a week or two just doing nothing… oh and sleeping. (I love my sleep) But I’m back into the reading and have a list of books I just NEED to buy.. including the new Veronica Mars book. I will have it in my possession!!
November Book Haul
Harry Potter Box Set – I’ve been eyeing this new set with the gorgeous covers for a while, and couldn’t help myself. It was an early graduation gift from myself to myself. Heh. Plus it was half price thanks to Bloomsbury Australia’s birthday sale…as if I could resist!
Love Bomb by Jenny McLachlan – I really enjoyed the first book! Thank you to Bloomsbury for providing the second for review.
The Walled City by Ryan Graudin – Thank you to Hachette! I’m SO SO SO excited to read this!
Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven – Thank you to Pan Macmillan. Keen for some romance during the summer.
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas – I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of the first review copies.. perks of interning at Bloomsbury (Joy: I’M STILL WAITING EAGERLY FOR MINE!! Sah jealous)
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray – Thanks to Pavan @ KeepItFictional for the great giveaway! Can’t wait to get stuck into this pretty.
- This month, I helped organise a Secret Santa gift exchange for the Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers Group on Goodreads. We have a blog hop running to get to know the participants better, and to get to know our fellow Aussie bloggers. Feel free to join in on the blog hop even if you didn’t participant in the gift exchange. We’d love to hear whether you’ve been a good or naughty blogger this year! Here’s the link to my Secret Santa Blog Hop post, you can link up your own post at the bottom.
- Don’t miss out on the December newsletter from the Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers group for a round up for bookish news, new releases, events and blogger spotlights. View the December issue here, and make sure you subscribe to have it delivered straight to your inbox at the beginning of each month!
- A Town Called Dust by Justin Woolley – ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
- This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – ★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2
- Goddess by Laura Powell – ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray – ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Posts you may have missed
- ‘Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award‘ Book Tag
- Fangirl Buddy Read Discussions: Part 1 and Part 2
- Mockingjay Part 1 Review
How was your November? Do you prefer weekly or monthly warp-ups?