Wowee, I haven’t done one of these in…6 MONTHS. That’s how crazy 2016 has been, and can we just pause and reflect on how fast this year has flown by?! How is it November on Tuesday? HOW?!
I’ll be honest with you — October has not treated me well in my personal life. I’ve recently had to put my rabbit down due to kidney failure, and unfortunately I wasn’t able to be there for her because I was two hours away from Sydney at a work offsite. I rushed back to Sydney as soon as I could the next day, but yeah. Life eh 🙁 A beloved pet’s death is never easy, and it’s made all the more harder when I’m already going through some major family problems. It’s gotten really messy, and I’m absolutely drained at the moment.
Despite all this, I’ve learned to take some ‘me’ time. And this usually involves reading (despite the slow pace I’m going) or catching up on the TV shows that I’ve fallen behind on due to my hectic schedule. I’m still purchasing more books than I can read (eek), but you know what? I don’t even care because it makes me happy. Do the things that make you happy now, because you never know what tomorrow will bring. As cliche as that sounds, it’s true. At the end of the day, you need to put yourself first.
Sorry for how somber this post is, but I do have some absolutely amazing books to show you guys.
I’m cheating a little because I’ve received and bought a lot of books since the last time I did a book haul, but there is just NO WAY that I can include them all. These are the ones that I’m most excited for:
- Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo — I’ve heard SO many great things about this spin off series. Can’t wait to finally start it now that the duology is complete! Funny enough, I bought this on one of my off days, forgot about it and got a nice surprise when it arrived!
- Throne of Glass colouring book — Big massive thanks to Bloomsbury Australia for sending this to me. It was sitting on my bed when I got back from my holiday in South Korea…and there was A LOT of squealing when I opened it
- Firefight by Brandon Sanderson — This was on sale at TBD! I bought it along with Six of Crow so great surprise when it arrived
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss — One of my birthday presents from Ben this year. Have heard nothing but awesome reviews, can’t wait to dig in
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas — This came with the colouring book, thanks to the awesome Bloomsbury Australia!! I was so sad I couldn’t get my hands on a copy while I was travelling around South Korea during the publication day. Came home to the loveliest surprise 🙂
- The Fever Code by James Dashner — I finished the first three books ageees ago, but was left with this overwhelming dissatisfaction that I never picked up the fourth. This prequel is meant to reveal a lot of answers, so here’s to hoping! Thanks to Scholastic Australia for this copy for review!
- Replica by Lauren Oliver — This book is so damn intriguing!! I don’t even know what it’s about, but I love it already for how unique it is.
- Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman — OMG it’s out, it’s out!! Enough said 😉
- Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir — This series is not as hyped as it should be. There’s so much intrigue, magic, backstabbing…oh my. Highly anticipated!
- Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima — Another series that I’ve heard nothing but praise for. Finally got my hands on these lovelies thanks to Ben
- Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson — Are you seeing a nice pattern in this haul? Fantasy <3
I’m so ready to just binge ALL THE FANTASY. If you don’t hear from me for another 6 months…it’s probably because I’ve fallen into a fantasy hole. That sounds delightful already!
Have a great month everyone!