I’ve been tagged by the wonderful bloggers Francoise @ My Crazy Bookish World and Kelly @ Diva Booknerd to do the 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me book tag! Thanks for the fun tag girlies, and make sure you check out their answers by clicking on the links above. 😀
1. How tall are you?
Sigh. I am a shorty, standing at 159cm (5’2 for all you Americans). But in the mornings I’m a centimetre taller! This is because our body stretches out while we sleep but during the day gravity pulls us down. At least that’s what I’ve been told. Yeah, science!
2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?
Hmm, not particularly? I used to play netball in primary school and I was a pretty good GA.
3. What’s your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
Receiving emails from people that are generic and shows they clearly haven’t bothered to do their research or find my name prior to asking for a favour.
4. What’s your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
Oh man, where do I start?! 😛
– People that are constantly late
– Rude customers
– Judgmental people
5. What’s your favourite song?
Hmm, I can’t pick just one! I love thoughtful, beautiful lyrics that often come attached to mellow songs. One of the most moving songs I love is Poison & Wine by The Civil Wars. It’s just so heartbreaking and makes me sad but happy at the same time. I swear I don’t have a psychological problem!
6. What’s your favourite Etsy shop that isn’t yours?
Errrrm, I don’t use Etsy but my boyfriend’s sister runs one called Lady Leonine. She sells chainmaille pieces designed and made by herself. Fun fact, she was commissioned by an Australian designer to create some chainmaille products to be used on their clothes for New York Fashion Week! So proud of her. /endplug
7. What’s your favourite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?
You mean apart from reading!? Well I really like watching TV and movies. Unfortunately there is just not enough time in the world to watch/read everything 🙁 I also play softball but stopped this year because I hurt my arm. I love watching the performing arts as well, and will be seeing Wicked tomorrow night!
8. What’s your favourite junk food?
I swing back and forth between sweet and savoury needs. Favourite sweet is probably icecream. Savoury I would say salt and vinegar chips *drools*
9. Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
I own a ginger bunny rabbit called Mia! She’s really lazy but very smart. She’s actually potty trained 😀
10. What are your number one favourite nonfiction and fiction books?
I don’t read non-fiction because I read for the escapism aspects. My favourite books are Phillip Pullman’s His Dark Materials series and of course Harry Potter and The Hunger Games.
11. What’s your favourite beauty product?
Concealer, foundation and my Mac kohl eyeliner.
12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
My friend got us lost in Rome on a hot and humid afternoon. We were panicking because we were two stations’ length away from where we needed to be, and we had 15 minutes to get there before the luggage holders closed. I was so dehydrated and tired by the time we got back that I started heaving and vomited into the nearest bin … in front of dozens of people waiting for their bus. Charming.
13. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chai lattes for sure!
14. What’s your favourite movie?
Flipped. I watched this on the plane to America and fell in love with it so hard. It’s just a really feel-good movie about growing up and belonging.
15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist prep etc.?
Why do people find the need to classify others into groups? I was a mixture of a lot of these and don’t find the need to limit myself.
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I’m so lucky to be living in Australia and definitely want to stay here. But I wouldn’t mind London or Budapest either!
17. PC or Mac?
I used both but once I went Mac, I never looked back! (Except to play games on my PC heh)
18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, day, boy/girlfriend?
Ummm, my boyfriend bought me dinner and cider last week because I’m broke? I’m easy to please to be honest, if you buy me food I’ll be happy.
19. Favourite celeb?
Jennifer Lawrence – hands down. She’s so down-to-earth and I just want to make funny faces with her!
20. What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
Everyone! Please accept my love!
Well that was fun! I tag:
My lovely co-blogger Alana
Jess @ My Reading Dress
Nara @ Looking for the Panacea
And anyone else that wants to do this tag 😀
Latest posts by Joy (see all)
- Interview with Jenna Guillaume - May 5, 2019
- Giveaway: 2 x double passes to the 2019 Sydney Writers’ Festival All-Day YA - April 22, 2019
- Book Review: Don’t You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane - April 15, 2019