Having just recently reviewed the delightful American book subscription service OwlCrate, I thought I’d check out an Australian version! The YA Chronicles is completely Aussie owned and is a great option for Australian’s — especially when international shipping and the exchange rate is such a drag.
The YA Chronicles has been running for at least six months and having already heard rave reviews of the service, I thought I’d see what all the great fuss was about! The March theme was ‘Australia Made’ so I was excited to see what would be inside.
Arrival time was great! I kept up to date on their Instagram/blog about when they were shipping so I knew when to expect it at my door. A great form of communication on their half and one I really appreciated when I was just dying to get my hands on it!
The packaging was cute, it definitely felt very much like unwrapping a present.
- A copy of The Sidekicks by Will Kostakis that is autographed and personalised alongside a snazzy bookmark. Very cool.
- A lovely Books + Stuff tote bag by JuneDesignCo on Etsy. Will definitely be using it to lug around my books from work!
- One of two possible wooden bookmarks from Lillytales. I received the ‘Read More Books’ one and I love it! I’m also dying for one of the book themed candles on her Etsy shop. Much love, definitely check it out!
- A poster featuring two upcoming reads from Pantera Press.
Overall I’m super happy with the box. The bookmark is the cutest and I’m already using it to read my books! The tote is lovely and I’ll definitely be using it to lug books around! I’m excited to get into The Sidekicks, I’ve heard great things about it. Also the fact that it was signed AND personalised by the author? Fantastic! Such a nice touch and something that can be cherished forever!
Given what was in the box I would say the price is great! It’s definitely worth it and you 100% get more than what you paid for. As with OwlCrate, I unfortunately can’t justify buying it every month (I have a holiday to save for!) but I am going to keep an eye on the themes and grab one every so often! Or if I’ve had a bad month…it’s a great present to yourself! It’s wonderful that we have our very own home-grown subscription box — it’s so rare, we usually miss out on the cool stuff!
So what are you waiting for? TREAT YOURSELF.
I’d love to hear if you have any subscription box recommendations I should try? Or even your favourite theme from a box so far!
*Disclaimer: I was not asked to do this review but did it of my own accord, I paid for the box myself in full.
Latest posts by Alana (see all)
- Book Subscription Box Review: The Best Damn Book Box – Game of Thrones - September 6, 2016
- Happy 4th Birthday to Thoughts by J! - August 16, 2016
- Discussion: Would you take an eReader or paperbacks on a holiday? - June 21, 2016