Today on the blog, I’d like to welcome Christopher F. Edwards and Carlos O. Hardy, who co-authors of the book Volonians: Mysteries of the Vondercrat, which was released in April 2013.
Synopsis: “Volonia, a magical planet thirty light years away, is home to millions of beautiful, charismatic, and expressive Witches and Warlocks. They live inside the planet hidden beneath the outer surface. Their magic is mighty, their spells are rich in tradition, and their rituals stand the test of time. The House of Lords, the governing body, is in a frenzy. Varah Cutter, a rebellious, crafty Witch, has single handily conjured a book only the House of Lords thought they could summon. The Vondercrat is the most powerful book in all of Volonia. The Lords are furious and out to get her. Varah soon realizes The Lords aren’t the only power after her. An evil brigade lead by the mighty Menace, a rebellious underground leader, seeks to capture her. Varah fights to protect her children, her honor, and her truth.”
1. Please tell our readers a little about yourself? We are Christopher Edwards Jr. and Carlos Hardy. We are from East Saint Louis, IL and Flint Michigan respectively, and we love story telling. Growing up reading books and exploring films, have paved the way for us to get into the world of story telling. We love anything sci-fi. It excites and moves us to write compelling elements that aren’t necessarily associated with sci-fi novels.
2. Tell us about your book. Volonians is about a distanced planet of witches and warlocks from Volonia. The story centers on the Cutters, a prominent family. Varah Cutter, a single mom of two twins, has conjured The Vondercrat, the most powerful book in Volonia that can only be conjured by the sitting 5 Lords. Varah becomes hunted by the unruly rebellious leader Menace who desires the secrets from the Vondercrat.
3. What was your inspiration in writing Volonians? Our inspiration for writing Volonians was our love affair with the usage of super natural powers or magic. We grew up watching X-men, Spider man, Superman, Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie. We wanted to create our own beings that had their own way of life, and adding the magic element was a no brainer for us.
4. Tell us about the book cover design and/or how the book came to be titled. The book cover design was two ideas put into one. We both desired completely different covers. So we decided to combine our individual ideas and create what we think was the perfect cover. We wanted something that represented the contrasting worlds in Volonia, and we think this single picture does the trick.
5. Give us an insight into your main character. Varah Cutter is our main character, and she is a strong, beautiful, classy, intelligent woman who is a class six witch who is very powerful. She stands for truth and justice and will do whatever it takes to protect her twins. She is a complex witch who has many set backs and internal turmoil, as you will find once you read the book.
6. What is the best advice you’ve received as an author? What advice might you give to aspiring authors? The best advice we have received is to stay imaginative, to keep the imagination flowing. Everyone who has read our book has been blown away at the imagination that we have introduced. Our advice would be to write the book that you are excited about to stay focused on your Goal. Anything is possible.
7. What are your interests outside of writing? Do any of these activities find their way into your books? I love watching movies and Carlos Loves tennis and skating. We didn’t put any of that in our book, but who knows maybe they will pop up in book two or book three. Who knows? (laughing)
8. What’s next for you? The next adventure for us, is partnering with The Boys and Girls club. We have just created the Let’s Read program, which is combining reading with theatre. We have written a kid friendly stage play and will be performing it in the fall for the Boys and Girls Club.
9. Which author would you say your writing most resembles? We will say J.K. Rowling because she created an amazing world, where kids can imagine and we think we have created a fantastic world where not only children but adults will be able to forget about their problems and immerse themselves in the world of Volonia.
10. Where can we buy the book? You can buy the book at Amazon.com <http://www.amazon.com/Volonians-Mr-Christopher-Edwards-JR/dp/0615800971> in paperback or the e-book version (kindle). Or you can donate a book to a child on our website at Volonians.com <http://Volonians.com>
Latest posts by Joy (see all)
- ARC Review: Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde - May 25, 2017
- Book Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3) by Sarah J. Maas - May 14, 2017
- Book Review: Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - April 25, 2017