Aussie YA Bloggers – Secret Santa Blog Hop
Hi everyone, Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers’ Secret Santa is back for its second year, and we’re super excited to have so many old and new bloggers/readers join in on the fun this year!
As part of the Australian YA Bloggers & Readers Secret Santa Blog Hop, we like to know whether everyone’s been a good or naughty blogger this year.
As such, we’re asking the participants of the Aussie YA Bloggers & Readers’ Secret Santa list to share some of their best reading/blogging moments this year, so everyone can find out more about their fellow Santas and Santees.
As a participant, we’ll also be leaving three clues at the end, so everyone can have a guess as to who our Santees are.
1. What are your top 5 favourite books this year?
In no particular order, these are my 5 top books of the year. IT WAS SO HARD TO CHOOSE!
2. How did you go with your Goodreads challenge?
I am currently on 94% woop woop, much better than this time last year I think. I should be able to knock off the last 3 books in no time.
3. How many times did you post a week on average? Do you think you’ll post more/less in the future?
I would say we had some good weeks, and some bad weeks on the blog. Maybe 1.5 posts per fortnight on average?
4. What is your favourite blogging moment/achievement of 2015?
I met Sarah J Maas last week and she gave me a hug!! I honestly could not contain the fangirl within #ded
5. Did you read mostly review or non-review books this year?
I’m pretty happy to say that I read more non-review books this year. As I’m travelling a lot to and from work, I’ve been listening audiobooks of novels that have been sitting on my TBR for a while. It’s helped a lot in terms of culling down my TBR pile!
6. What are your blogging goals for 2016?
My biggest goal for 2016 is to hit 60 books read in a year. This may not seem like a lot for some people but I’m not a fast reader and I do still need to juggle work and social life so 60 books is pretty good in my eyes. 😀
7. What books are you looking forward to in 2016?
OMG where do I start?!
- Throne of Glass #5 by Sarah J Maas
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
- The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
- Passenger by Alex Bracken
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- The Last Star by Rick Yancey
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
- Remembrance by Meg Cabot
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
- Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima
- The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey
There’s probably plenty more that I’m forgetting by 2016 is going to be a HUGE year! ALL THE EXCITE.
Based on the answers above, have you been a good or naughty blogger this year?
ANSWER: Good (I hope). 🙂
Leave 3 clues to help your Santee guess who you are!
- You are one of my first blogger friends
- We have very similar book tastes
- We talk often!
Examples of clues you can leave:
- Your santee’s latest blog post
- Describe your santee’s theme
- A recent comment you left your santee
Follow the Aussie YA Bloggers Secret Santa blog hop below!
Latest posts by Joy (see all)
- Giveaway: 2 x double passes to the 2019 Sydney Writers’ Festival All-Day YA - April 22, 2019
- Book Review: Don’t You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane - April 15, 2019
- 5 honest thoughts I had before I started The Priory of the Orange Tree - March 4, 2019